Hertz now offers PlatePassTM for highway tolls!
Avoid slow tolls and traffic getting in your way when you use PlatePass transponders. PlatePass transponders are small devices which affix to the windshield below the review mirror allowing you to use the EZ pass toll lanes. Accumulated toll charges will appear on your credit card. They work on EZ Pass lanes on all toll roads in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. Get out of the toll lanes and into the express lanes with PlatePass. See below for more details.
Gold Service renters can obtain the Platepass by going to the Gold VIP booth in the Gold Service area.
The PlatePass tolling device is available upon arrival at the following locations:
- LaGuardia Airport
- JFK Airport
- Newark Airport
- All Manhattan Locations
- Philadelphia Airport
- Baltimore Airport
- Washington Dulles Airport
- Washington Reagan Airport
- Boston Logan Airport
- Boston Metro-Park Square
- Atlantic City Airport
To reserve PlatePass, call your local Hertz Reservations Center. PlatePass cannot currently be reserved online.
- Fee: The charge is US$2.50 per day for each day that the card is actually used plus the toll fees. There is a maximum charge of US$10 per week plus the toll fees.
- Deposit: There is a US$40 replacement deposit for the pass that is refunded upon returning the pass back to one of the participating locations (those listed above). This deposit is added to the rental charges.
- After the rental car is returned, your credit card will be charged the accrued usage fees, plus the actual amount of the tolls incurred during the rental period.
- You will receive an itemized listing of all tolls and charges by mail. You can also visit www.PlatePass.com to view and download an itemized receipt.