Hertz Gets You Closer To Free Travel
Airline Program Participation
You can earn miles/credits in airline partner programs until further notice, providing you meet the following requirements:
- You must present a frequent traveler ID card at the Hertz counter upon rental pickup.
- With some airline partner programs you must present your airline ticket, ticket receipt, ticketless travel itinerary, or boarding pass from the airline or a participating airline partner at the Hertz rental counter upon rental pickup.
- With some airline partner programs when renting in the U.S., you must rent within 24 hours before or after a U.S. domestic flight. Internationally, the rental time frame varies depending on the program.
- You should check the specific partner page or call your local Hertz service center for complete details.
Hotel Program Participation
You can earn bonus points in 2 outstanding Hotel Partner Programs when renting from Hertz.
Priority Club® Rewards members can earn points at the Hertz counter by simply providing their Priority Club Rewards membership number. The rental does not require a hotel stay.
Marriott Rewards® members can earn points at the Hertz counter by providing their Marroitt Rewards membership number. The rental does not require a hotel stay.
Points will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, and any other promotional rates or group travel.
You should check the specific partner page and call your local Hertz service center for complete details.
For details on becoming a member of one of these programs, please contact the appropriate service center for the program of your choice.
Rail Program Participation
You can earn points in rail partner programs until further notice, providing you meet the following requirements.
- Amtrak Guest RewardsSM members can earn points with Hertz by providing their membership number.
You should check the specific partner page or call your local Hertz service center for complete details.
Frequent Flyer Surcharge
For rentals in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada when the renter chooses to receive Frequent Flyer miles or credits from the following U.S. airline programs Hertz will assess a Frequent Flyer Surcharge equivalent to $1.00 per day up to a maximum of $5.25 per rental. The amount assessed is collected by Hertz to offset a portion of Hertz' annual cost of participation in Frequent Flyer programs.
- AirTran Airways
- Alaska Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Midwest Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
For rentals in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Canada when the renter chooses to receive miles in the American Airlines AAdvantage program the Frequent Flyer Surcharge will be calculated based on the Federal Excise Tax expense incurred by Hertz when it purchases miles from American Airlines. Under the Tax Relief Act of 1997, all companies that purchase Frequent Flyer miles from airlines must pay a 7.5% Excise Tax on the cost of those miles (on average, 6 cents per day).
Surcharge is not applicable to mileage/points or credits earned on International Airlines, Hotel programs or other non-airline frequency programs.
Surcharge amounts are shown in U.S. Dollars; equivalent Canadian Surcharge amounts are subject to changes depending on fluctuating exchange rates.